NATURE OF WORK:
Under general supervision, performs skilled work of moderate difficulty in repairing, maintaining and rebuilding heavy diesel equipment; performs related duties as required or assigned.
(Illustrative Only) Supervises and performs heavy diesel equipment overhaul; trains other mechanics; inspects work in progress and upon completion; assists in the procurement of parts and materials; maintains records and makes reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Considerable Knowledge of:
- methods, practices, materials, instruments and tools used;
- safety practices;
- diagnosing and repairing diesel equipment.
- using diagnostic equipment.
- perform a wide range of diesel equipment repair;
- perform mechanical tasks;
- supervise others;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
- follow written and verbal instructions;
- communicated effectively verbally and in writing.
Four (4) years of recent experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy diesel equipment of which one must have been in supervision; OR, any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position; must possess and maintain a current State of Arizona Commercial Driver License (CDL).
(Position is in the classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
This position’s hourly pay is $18.52
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com