NATURE OF WORK:
Under general supervision performs accounting work of moderate difficulty in maintaining the overall financial management activities of a department; performs other work as required or assigned.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include but are not limited to the following duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics, this list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed in this class.)
(Illustrative Only) Gathers and reports financial data; establishes and maintains a financial information base; maintains internal financial information; reimburses subcontractors and others; maintains control of accounting activities and ensures financial integrity; ensures that records are monitored accordingly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Considerable Knowledge of:
- Generally accounting principles, practices, and methods,
- cost, governmental, and fixed assets accounting,
- financial record keeping practice,
- principles and practices of effective supervision,
- office practices and procedures.
Considerable Skill in:
- analyzing and interpreting financial and accounting records,
- preparing reports,
- operating an automated accounting system,
- operating modern office equipment.
- make rapid and accurate arithmetical computations,
- research and verify information,
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies
- and the public,
- follow written and verbal instructions,
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field and two years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
(Position is in the classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
This position’s salary range: $22.77 per hour
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org