|NATURE OF WORK:|
|Purchasing, repair, installation, removal and maintenance of mobile radios, cell phones, pagers, portable radios, repeater’s, base stations, and console control equipment.|
|TYPICAL DUTIES, ADMINISTRATIVE:|
|· ordering equipment & parts, managing, and prioritizing all communications repairs, installations, removals, and maintenance,
· administer the Communications budget,
· maintain current radio licenses (FCC) to ensure legality and that expiration dates do not expire,
· Maintain file of work orders for all departments dealing with communications equipment.
|TYPICAL DUTIES, TECHNICAL:|
|· determine new radio equipment needs and advising the County Administrator’s,
· order and install new equipment as needed,
· troubleshoot on a system level problem with mobiles, repeaters (to included duplexers, isolation equipment and grounding, base stations, and control equipment),
· repair broken equipment down to a component level, test and replace,
· keep records of the radio system with serial numbers and county tag numbers,
· train radio tech’s in outlying areas,
· train users of the radio system how to use the equipment and proper communications procedure,
· program all Communications equipment for frequency and channelization, County wide,
· design and maintain power distribution systems to include solar panel and battery charging systems, generator and switching equipment,
· maintain antenna systems on mobiles and remote sites, to include coax and towers.
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:|
|Working Knowledge of:|
|· Communications equipment and parts ordering,
· Communications systems, theory and real application,
· record keeping,
· where to find technical help and resources,
· computer software and programs for 2-way radios and control devices,
· Power distribution at remote sites
|Working Skill in:|
|· FCC rules and regulations,
· Communications specifications,
· computer programs for inventory and ordering,
· installing and removing Communications equipment,
· Communications schematics and manuals,
· preventive maintenance for all equipment,
· tone and signaling equipment and levels for remote control of equipment,
· installation and maintenance of batteries,
· wiring sizes, fuses, amperage and properly installing wire for all installs,
· cell phones-pagers-portable radios-mobiles-repeaters-base stations and all control techniques,
· RF theory, transmitter power, frequency stability, receiver sensitivity, receiver selectivity, simplex and full duplex radio operations.
|· install, repair and maintain all Communications equipment and systems,
· install, repair and maintain all safety equipment for emergency services (Sheriff’s equipment, etc.),
· maintain repair and spare parts for critical equipment,
· read and interpret Communications schematics and manuals,
· establish and maintain effective and friendly working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public,
· prioritize and schedule all Communications work, County wide,
· respond to emergency work 24 hours a day as needed,
· effectively troubleshoot and repair equipment anywhere, anytime,
· communicate effectively verbally and in writing with employees, other agencies, and the public,
· Schedule and manage time effectively.
|Five (5) years’ experience in 2-way radio systems and repair.
Basic knowledge in managing personnel and time.
2-way radio technician license, NABERS, NORTE, or another certificate recognized by the FCC.
Ability to diagnose and repair Communications systems.
(Position is in the classified service and is FLSA exempt)
This position annually pays $53,587– $80,381
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org