NATURE OF WORK:
Under close supervision, performs technical work of moderate difficulty in processing crime scenes, and law enforcement evidence and property custodianship; performs related duties as required or assigned.
Collects, examines and preserves physical evidence at crime scene; photographs and records crime scenes and autopsies; conducts tests for presence of body fluids; takes custody of property and evidence; fingerprints applicants, suspects, and fatal victims; locates, collects, processes, classifies and identifies latent fingerprints; testifies in court; maintains property disposal logs, files and reports; releases property in accordance with laws and court direction. Fill in Transport Officer of inmates as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Working Knowledge of:
- Fingerprint ID procedures;
- Techniques used to collect and preserve evidence;
- Inventory control methods and techniques;
- Biohazard safety practices;
- Trace evidence identification and collection;
- Bullet trajectory determination;
- Processing crime scenes and evidence of varying nature for latent print evidence;
- Safe handling of firearms, ammunition and hazardous materials.
- Use of photographic equipment;
- Taking precise fingerprints and latent fingerprint comparison;
- Draw or letter charts, graphs, time lines, maps or similar objects;
- Measure distances using a tape measurer and/or calibrated instruments;
- Comprehend or make inferences from written material;
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time;
- Walk over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
- Follow written and verbal instructions;
- Communicate orally and by telephone with public and employees in a face to face setting;
- Respond to call out 24 hours a day as needed;
- Operate a motor vehicle requiring a standard driver’s license;
- Move heavy objects (50 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less);
- Dig up ground using a pick, shovel, spade or other tools;
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation and grammar;
- Mix and work with cleaning fluids, chemicals, pesticides, insecticides or similar solutions using normal protective equipment;
- Determine and evaluate the value of evidence.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Successful completion of an FBI recognized advanced latent fingerprint comparison course; valid Arizona Driver’s License, any combination of education, training and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
(Positions is in classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
This position’s hourly pay is $18.12
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com