Public Health Services
NATURE OF WORK:
Under general direction of the Division Manager of Clinical Services, performs work skilled professional public health nursing services to implement agency programs. Performs related work as assigned, encompassing Apache County and its residents.
(Illustrative Only) Assists in the immunization department with weekly clinics; inoculation of children and adults, documentation of immunizations given; assist in the family planning department administering pregnancy tests, counseling women on options for pregnancy and birth control; assist in TB department administer PPD screenings and interpretation of results; assist in well woman division screening patients; assist in STD and HIV division counseling patients on sexual health and safety; proper documentation of duties performed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Considerable Knowledge of:
- professional nursing theory, principles and practices,
- nursing administration,
- community resources and public health programs.
- skill in recognizing and identifying new problems, allergic reactions, sign and symptoms in initial disease, or worsening of existing conditions.
Working Knowledge of:
- administration of nursing services.
- knowledge and competency in clinical practice
- working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice
- public health programs, case management, community resources.
- the ASIIS statewide vaccination documentation website
- HIPPA and confidentiality practices
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, other agencies and the public,
- follow written and verbal instructions,
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- to use initiative and judgment in selection proper treatments in unusual and emergency situations
- travel throughout the county on a regular basis
- attend trainings throughout the state.
- produce reports to state and federal agencies as requested
- conduct self in a professional manner
- supervise additional vaccination staff during mobile clinics
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and have three years of varied nursing experience including two years in generalized community health.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Must possess a current Arizona driver’s license and be a licensed registered nurse in the State of Arizona.
(Position is classified service and FLSA exempt.)
This position’s hourly pay range is $27.76
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com