|NATURE OF WORK:|
|Under general supervision, performs administrative and clerical tasks involving interpretation and application of policies, practices and state statutes. Provides input to office procedures, rules and regulations. Answers customer inquiries at the front counter, over the telephone and by e-mail. Performs other tasks as required.|
|· Maintain and update property owner records as required.
· Collect and enter building permit information for appraisal purposes.
· Assist the public in researching deeds, and ownership of property.
· Review change of ownership and deeds processing for quality assurance.
· Assists in issuing 504 forms (tax clearance).
· Provide clerical support for property tax relief programs.
· Answers incoming phone calls and assists the front counter.
· Log support related phone calls and emails into the departments tracking and performance logs.
· Process incoming and outgoing departmental mail.
· Scan and initiate inter-office workflows per established procedures.
· Maintain Assessor’s fleet of cars.
· Other duties as assigned.
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:|
|Basic Knowledge of:|
|· Public relations and customer service.
· Principles of providing superior customer service.
· Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Topographical maps, Assessor maps and Assessor parceling techniques.
· Mapping technologies such as GIS systems.
· Filing systems.
· Electronic document and record management systems.
|· A Significant level of diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
· Working with Elected Officials, County Departments and Regulatory Agencies.
|· Work independently while following verbal and written instructions.
· Communicate effectively; maintain effective working relationships with co-workers; and supervisors.
· Respect and follow policies of the department.
· Research and interpret Arizona State Statutes. Provide recommendations for process improvement and efficiencies.
· Be a team player, responsible and detail oriented.
· Demonstrate a friendly demeanor in the face of adversity; a positive attitude is a must.
· Thrive in a flexible environment with changing priorities.
· Communicate effectively and follow established chain of communication.
|EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:|
|High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
Basic Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
General Office experience preferred.
Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license (or ability to obtain license within 3 months).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com