|NATURE OF WORK:|
|Plans, organizes and directs the activities and staff of the Apache County Information Technology Department. Responsible for application development; system software acquisition, installation and maintenance; network connectivity, security and administration; ensures quality, functionality, connectivity, and compatibility in computer hardware and software in support of the County’s long-range plans. Typically reports to the county manager.|
|· Determines the goals, objectives, and operational priorities of the Information Technology Department
· Plans, directs, and coordinates the selection, purchase, installation, maintenance, and repair of desktop, server, and network systems for all County departments
· Recruits, manages, evaluates, and disciplines Information Technology Department employees
· Ensures that technology is integrated into Apache County functions in the most efficient, effective manner possible.
· Develops and administers the capital and operational budgets for Information Technology
· Provides technical support to all County Departments.
· Provides technical interfaces for the exchange of information with outside agencies
· Evaluates new technologies for possible integration into County functions
· Oversees the bidding process, contractor selection, and contract compliance
· Creates, evaluates, and revises policies and procedures
· Represents the department and the County with outside agencies, other departments, and the public
· Promotes and maintains a productive work environment, with effective communication and participatory decision making.
· Makes presentations to the Board of Supervisors
· Other duties as assigned
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:|
|Through Knowledge of:|
|· Management practices associated with Information Systems design, selection, operation and maintenance
· The application of current data management technologies within an organization/business setting.
· Laws, regulations and directives that apply to public sector data management
· Principles and practices of positive supervision
· Governmental budgetary practices, including purchasing, contract management, and project cost analysis
|· Analyze complex data management problems and develop appropriate solutions;
· Plan, initiate, and manage projects from beginning to end, with minimal direction;
· Effectively carry out difficult and complex assignments requiring considerable independent judgment and initiative with a minimum of supervision;
· Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety;
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, appointed department directors, staff, other agencies, and the general public;
· Follow written and oral instructions;
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
|Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent of 5 years’ experience in computer science.
Needs valid Arizona Driver’s License.
(Position is in the classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com