NATURE OF WORK:
Purchasing, repair and maintenance of Apache County telecommunications equipment.
- determine new equipment needed, current equipment inventory and condition;
- install, operate and maintain county phone systems;
- install, operate and maintain county repeater/base sites;
- install and maintain county fleet mobile/portable equipment;
- work with Sheriff’s mechanic to install police and specialty items such as light bars, partitions, sirens, consoles and controls.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Working Knowledge of:
- current telecommunications KSU, ICS, ECS, and PBX systems;
- 2-way radio communications including CB;
- practical RF and microwave theory;
- practical electrical theory;
- practical cabling theory;
- current T1, ISDN, 56K and DS1 protocol applications;
- current wire color codes;
- current wire categories and applications;
- current OSHA, EPA and IEEE wiring regulations;
- current FCC/ITU regulations, by-laws and standards for 2-way commercial radio;
- various county vehicle operation and electrical systems;
- functional understanding of cell phones, pages, scanners and recording systems.
Working Skill in:
- proper KSU, ICS, ECS and PBX operations and maintenance;
- fault isolation techniques;
- proper installation of communication equipment;
- proper installation of police options and specialty items including electrical systems;
- preventative maintenance;
- maintenance record keeping;
- read and understand technical manuals associate with various communications equipment;
- general computer applications.
- repair and maintain the county’s telecommunication backbone and sub-systems;
- maintain communications repair parts and inventories;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- respond to call out 24 hours a day, as needed;
- operate a motor vehicle requiring a standard driver’s license.
1 year in PBX operations, repairs and maintenance with 2 years in 2-way radio operations, repair and maintenance. OJT acceptable.
FCC general license for 2-way radio repair or permissions to work under held license.
(Position is in the classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
This position’s salary range is $36,863 to $53,215 (Salary commensurate with experience)
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com