|NATURE OF WORK:|
|Purchasing, repair and maintenance of Apache County telecommunications equipment.|
|· determine new equipment needed, current equipment inventory and condition;
· install, operate and maintain county phone systems;
· install, operate and maintain county repeater/base sites;
· install and maintain county fleet mobile/portable equipment;
· work with Sheriff’s mechanic to install police and specialty items such as light bars, partitions, sirens, consoles and controls.
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:|
|Working Knowledge of:|
|· current telecommunications KSU, ICS, ECS, and PBX systems;
· 2-way radio communications including CB;
· practical RF and microwave theory;
· practical electrical theory;
· practical cabling theory;
· current T1, ISDN, 56K and DS1 protocol applications;
· current wire color codes;
· current wire categories and applications;
· current OSHA, EPA and IEEE wiring regulations;
· current FCC/ITU regulations, by-laws and standards for 2-way commercial radio;
· various county vehicle operation and electrical systems;
· functional understanding of cell phones, pages, scanners and recording systems.
|Working Skill in:|
|· proper KSU, ICS, ECS and PBX operations and maintenance;
· fault isolation techniques;
· proper installation of communication equipment;
· proper installation of police options and specialty items including electrical systems;
· preventative maintenance;
· maintenance record keeping;
· read and understand technical manuals associate with various communications equipment;
· general computer applications.
|· repair and maintain the county’s telecommunication backbone and sub-systems;
· maintain communications repair parts and inventories;
· establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
· communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
· respond to call out 24 hours a day, as needed;
· operate a motor vehicle requiring a standard driver’s license.
|1 year in PBX operations, repairs and maintenance with 2 years in 2-way radio operations, repair and maintenance. OJT acceptable.
FCC general license for 2-way radio repair or permissions to work under held license.
(Position is in the classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
This position pays annually $32,703 – $49,054 (Salary commensurate with experience)
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com