|NATURE OF WORK:|
|The Detention Registered Nurse performs duties related to provision of medical services, to include coordinating Bureau of Prisons medical services and the day-to-day operations of the medical unit.|
|• Complies with all jail Medical Services Policies and Procedures
• Provides inmate Physical assessments and completes forms.
• Chart reviews and audits.
• Ensure that all doctor’s orders are completed.
• Maintain inmate appointment book.
• Maintain open communications with the staff at all times.
• Review of inmate medical request and screening forms, address medical/physical problems and concerns
• as needed.
• Document all patient information in inmate medical charts. Reviews and maintains inmate records.
• Monitors inmate nutritional and health status. Orders appropriate diets as required.
• Schedules medical and dental appointments.
• Arranges transportation with Transportation Officers.
• Monitors emergency health situations provides first aid, assessment, and triage. Refers patients to
• emergency room or other providers based upon observed need for care.
• Assists and consults with contracted providers: physicians, psychiatrist, and medical consultant.
• Receives, secures and counts all prescriptions and medications. Administers medications and
• immunizations. Maintains medication records and documentation. Oversees and regulates narcotic
• medication count and appropriate documentation.
• Provides skilled treatment as ordered or needed. (I.e. dressing changes, suture removal, SVN breathing
• treatments etc.)
• Monitors, orders, and maintains inventory of medical and office supplies.
• Maintain professional attitude and conduct.
• Maintain a clean and organized medical office.
• Obtain prior approval for the scheduled B.O.P. inmate Dr. visits.
• Perform tb screening and tracking of inmates.
|REPORTS TRACKING DUTIES|
|• Quarterly reports
• Annual reports
• Maintain statistics
• B.O.P. statistics
• Other reports/statistics as requested or required
|Must possess a valid Arizona Registered Nurse Certificate. Maintain good standing with the Arizona Board of Nursing. Possess and maintain an Arizona Driver License.
(Position is classified service and FLSA exempt.)
This position pays $28.43 per hour
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org