NATURE OF WORK:
Under general supervision, is responsible for technical work of moderate to difficult standards in law enforcement or investigative duties; performs related duties as required or assigned.
Performs law enforcement patrol activities in assigned area; enforces laws; provides protection; observes criminal behavior; arrests violators; subdues resisting offenders using force where appropriate; including deadly force; transports; investigates cases; performs surveillance; crowd control; execution of writs; subpoenas and court orders; conducts interviews; prepares reports; seizes and processes evidence; presents testimony and evidence; assists distressed persons; directs traffic; and administers first aid.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of:
- Arizona Revised Statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to law enforcement;
- Law enforcement principles, practices, methods, techniques and equipment;
- The roads and routes within the County;
- Law enforcement and investigative work.
Working skill in:
- Preparing and maintaining records and reports;
- Care and use of firearms, motor vehicles and communications equipment;
- Pursue offenders by patrol vehicle or on foot;
- Maintain proficiency in operating a variety of law enforcement tools, weapons and vehicles;
- Act quickly and calmly with proper judgment in emergency situations;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
- Follow written and verbal instructions;
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Respond to call out 24 hours a day as needed;
- Operate a motor vehicle requiring a standard driver’s license.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
- Reasonably good physical condition;
- Eyesight at least 20/200 correctable to 20/20;
- Able to distinguish colors;
- Must have no illegal drug history for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Complete physical by Arizona POST Physician;
- Polygraph test;
- Oral examination;
- Written examination;
- AZ Driver’s License with reasonably good records;
- County Resident upon successful completion of hiring process;
- At least 20 years and 9 months of age;
- POST Certified or ability to graduate POST Academy.
(Positions is in classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
This position pays $42,909 annual salary
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com