PRIOR TO OFFER OF INTERVIEW, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE TESTING, COMPLETION OF A PERSONAL BACKGROUND HISTORY PACKET AND COPIES OF APPLICANT’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT.
BACKGROUND CHECKS WILL BE PERFORMED.
NATURE OF WORK:
Under close supervision, performs duties as the control tower operator for the jail.
Answer incoming phone calls, communicate with the inmates over the intercom system, open doors as called for by staff, file paperwork in inmate files, update computer logs as needed prepare daily documents for staff and issue and receive keys to/from staff, act as a jail matron for strip searches and pat searches on inmates, monitor cameras and inmate movements in the jail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of:
- records management operations;
- Guidelines, regulations, and statutes affecting the department;
- Word processors and computer systems and other office machines;
- Telecommunications systems and phone etiquette;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
- follow written and verbal instructions;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
Stand for long periods of time
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Pass an extensive background investigation.
(Positions is in classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
This position pays $12.15 per hour
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org