NATURE OF WORK:
Work is performed under administrative direction of the Apache County Public Health. Nutritionist will perform client and staff nutrition education, complete state and county reports and as required, travel out of town to attend state trainings and meetings. Nutritionist will comply with all Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize and implement public health nutrition programs according to regulatory and department requirements.
- Select, plan, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of subordinates.
- Complete high-risk counseling and/or formula authorizations to WIC participants
- Complete high-risk care plans for WIC participants
- Conduct internal audits and certification of WIC participants
- Participate in appropriate state trainings and meetings
- Formulates Division policies, procedures and techniques to ensure standardized implementation of nutrition and health promotion activities throughout Apache County
- Research, forecast and plan for future capabilities of Nutrition/Health Programs
- Administer County’s WIC (Women, Infant and Children) Program
- Evaluate the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of Nutrition and Health Promotion services
- Negotiate contracts for equipment, services and materials and monitors contractual performance and compliance of all Nutrition and Health Promotion Division contracts.
- Maintain awareness of current issues in the public health nutrition field. Attend professional conferences
- Prepare, analyze and present oral and written reports
- Interface with other Department Divisions, community governmental agencies and organizations, health care professionals and public to coordinate services.
- Serve as consultant and administer health education programs for county and community agencies/institutions. Review, update, develop and evaluate nutrition education materials.
- Conduct field studies of nutritional problems in county areas as funds are available.
- Develop and implement training programs for clients and continuing education programs for staff.
- Develop and implement community outreach activities for program expansion. Write articles for publication, participate on community task force/committees, make public presentations
- Performs related work as required
- Order and inventory supplies as needed
- Schedule classes at participating schools, educate children, adults and public
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be familiar with the principals and practice of public health, nutritional work, casework and counseling
- Be familiar with community or public health nutrition, nutrition education principals, human nutrition, nutritional food values, economics and standards
- Principals and practices of administration, supervision, training and evaluation
- Skill in the preparation of concise and accurate reports and other professional documentation
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in matters of policy and procedure design and implementation
- Ability to develop and administer nutrition and health promotion related training programs
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of subordinates
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a professional leadership role
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
A minimum of a Bachelors’ of Science Degree in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics. Must hold a current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration for the American Dietetic Association, and be an active member with the American Dietetic Association is preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in the nutrition field, including at least one year supervisory experience OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge skills and abilities.
(Position is in the classified service and is FLSA non-exempt)
This position’s salary range: $23.34 per hour
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com