NATURE OF WORK:
The Senor Project Engineer (SPE) is charged with developing and maintaining the capital improvement program (CIP) and working with The Public Works Director and 3 District Supervisors to continually monitor and improve, as needed, Project work flow and development. The CIP planning and development will consist of all major transportation projects in the county. Maintenance of the CIP will include identifying and tracking fund types and updating budgets for each project. The SPE will be responsible for meeting with citizens and organizations about a variety of transportation project related issues. The SPE will assist in strategic planning endeavors and will build community partnerships in an effort to assure responsible transportation service. The SPE will assist the county engineer in special projects, reports and activities as assigned.
May include but not limited to:
- Developing and Maintaining the county capital improvement plan
- Assisting in developing policies and procedures related to County Projects
- Serving as a project liaison between Incorporated Cities and Towns, Community Organizations, Citizens, Navajo Nation Chapters and Apache County
- Composing grant proposals
- Attending training and continuing education
- Community outreach/education
- Creative problem-solving
- Networking with communities, peer (county) entities, state agencies, and tribal agencies.
- Develop strategic and operational plans, keep plans current
- Representing Apache County at collaborative events and meetings
- Other Duties as Assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Principles and Practices of Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of Arizona Revised Statutes related to County Transportation authority
- Knowledge of Local Roads
- Knowledge of National Incident Management System and Incident Command System
- Skill in grant writing and grant administration
- Skill in working with people
- Skill in interpreting and applying statutes, rules, regulations and ordinances
- Ability to create good working relationships with community partners
- Ability to write sensible policies and procedures
- Ability to work on multiple priorities during the same time period
- Ability to work in a positive manner with staff to assist them in achieving their potential in their jobs
The SPE shall have a minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, and have a minimum of 5-7 years of public works experience including but not limited to road, bridges, and drainage projects. Five years of experience in CIP development and maintenance, project estimating and scheduling. Five years of experience in Public works planning, and scoping. Possess a valid Arizona Driver License.
This position pays $62,145 per year.
ALL POSITIONS MUST HAVE AN APACHE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
To obtain an application, please click HERE
Please click “Apply for Job” to send a completed application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org